AC Repair in Brownsburg, IN
Until about a century ago, people could only dream of magical machines that would automatically whisk heat and humidity out of their homes. They forged through sweltering summers in fields and factories, and coming home provided little relief from the misery. They simply bore the hot, heavy, sticky air because they had no other choice and welcomed rogue breezes with open arms. All that has changed at this point, though. Today, we take our air conditioning systems for granted. At least, that’s the case until they malfunction. Then, the desperate search for someone skilled in AC repair in Brownsburg, IN, begins.
Keeping Your AC in Optimal Working Order
If you’re getting a glimpse of what life was like before air conditioning was invented, you need an expert AC repair team to fix the problem and restore the flow of cold air. That’s why we’re here. At Summers Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, our technicians have decades of experience in AC repair in Brownsburg, IN. We’re qualified to work on all types of systems, and we’re dedicated to keeping clients’ homes cool and comfortable no matter how high the temperatures climb outside. Don’t suffer through the heat; contact us to schedule a service appointment.
How Do I Know If I Need AC Repairs?
Air conditioning systems are complex networks of moving parts, electrical connections, ductwork, and other components. Because of that, any number of things can go wrong with your home’s AC. Knowing when to call in the professionals is the key to getting the most out of your air conditioning system. Be on the lookout for some of the common indications that air conditioning repairs are in order.
- Inconsistent Cooling. Your AC system should cool all the rooms in your home evenly no matter how large or small they are or how far away from the interior or exterior unit they may be. If you’re experiencing hot or cold spots, something isn’t working right.
- No Cold Air. Air conditioners are designed to draw in hot air, cool it down and remove excess humidity, and send freshly chilled air throughout your home. If only warm air is coming from the vents, the AC isn’t doing its job.
- Inadequate Air Flow. The air coming from your AC vents should have a certain amount of force behind it. It shouldn’t be strong enough to blow a sandwich off of a plate, but you should at least be able to feel it from a few feet away. If not, you have a problem that warrants professional AC repair in Brownsburg, IN.
- Frequent Cycling. Your AC system should spring to life when the temperature in your home rises above the temperature at which you’ve set the thermostat. When the temperature reaches your desired setting, the system should shut off until the indoor temperature climbs again. If the AC is cycling on and immediately shutting down again, a malfunction is at hand.
- Leaks. Part of an AC system’s job is to remove excess moisture from the air. Of course, the moisture has to go somewhere. If the system is working properly, the extra moisture will flow through the condensate drain and be directed outside. Water coming out of the unit or puddling around it is a surefire sign that it’s time for repairs. Moisture forming around the AC vents is an indication of a problem as well.
- Rising Utility Bills. Air conditioners use electricity. In fact, they’re the primary source of power consumption in most homes. Naturally, your power bill will rise a bit during the summer months when you’re using the AC frequently. If your power bill soars out of control, though, an AC system that isn’t working properly may be the culprit.
Those are some of the most common signs that an air conditioning system is malfunctioning. Strange odors or sounds coming from the system and an AC that runs constantly but never seems to cool your home are clear indications of problems as well. Anytime you feel something just isn’t right with your air conditioning, feel free to contact us for help.
Beat the Heat with Expert AC Repairs
If your air conditioning system just isn’t getting the job done, it’s time for AC repair in Brownsburg, IN, and we’re here to serve. We’re the area’s leading HVAC experts, and our team is always on hand to get your air conditioning system up and running and make sure it stays that way. Call us or contact us through the form we’ve provided here on our website to schedule a service appointment.