The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and it is not freezing cold. This can only mean one thing…spring has arrived in Brownsburg! With the warmer climes and brighter season, comes the time to check your plumbing. Like you did when winter started, it is important to prepare your plumbing for the spring.
Things to look for during the spring:
- Inspect Your Pipes – The winter can take a toll on your pipes. The cold weather can compromise the effectiveness of the plumbing. As the weather warms up, check to see if your pipes have any cracks or leaks. If you do find a pipe has burst, shut off your water. You may need to replace or repair the line.
- Check Your Water Hose – With the warmer climate, comes incentive to get back into gardening. Reattach your garden hose and turn on the faucets. Check for any leaks that may have happened during the winter.
- Clear Out the Gutters – Through the fall and winter, plenty of leaves and dirt accumulate in your gutters. It is important to clear it out before the spring showers settle in. The gutters serve to redirect the rain water to the appropriate drains. If the water does not drain, it can cause flooding in your home and damage the foundation.
- Flush the Water Heater – Your water heater should be flushed out once a year. The spring is the perfect time to do it. By clearing away the debris and dirt that gather, you can ensure your heater works properly. This would also be a good time to readjust the hot water setting. If you increased the temperature during the winter, bring it back down to 120 degrees.
At Summers of Brownsburg, we want you to make the most of this beautiful season. That is why if you experience plumbing, heating, or cooling problems, our plumbers and technicians are ready to help. Call our Brownsburg plumbers today for a free evaluation.
- Why is My Faucet Water Discolored?
- 3 Steps to Repairing a Leaky Sink Drain
- Four Reasons It Might Be Time for a Plumbing Checkup